Pulled Pork Sliders
- (1) 5-6 lb. pork shoulder
- ¼ cup loosely packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- 1 ½ tbsp. canola oil
- 1 ½ cups beer or ginger ale
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1-2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Pat the pork shoulder completely dry with paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, chili powder, onion powder, and stir well. Rub about half of the mixture on the outside of the pork.
- Place pressure cooker on stove at high heat (PL8 on induction burner), and add canola oil. Add pork and sear on all sides, about 1 to 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. Pour the beer or ginger ale and chicken stock inside, place lid on pressure cooker, and secure by pushing the CLOSE button (make sure safety vent is facing away from you). Turn pressure valve to the HIGH setting and lower to medium-high heat (PL7 on induction burner).
- After about 5 minutes, a steady stream of steam should come out of the pressure valve and the red pressure indicator should rise (this means the pressure cooker has come to pressure and cooking time begins).
- Lower temperature to medium heat (PL4 on induction burner), set timer for 50-60 minutes, and let cook (induction burner will automatically shut off when time is up).
- When cooking time has elapsed, let rest 5 minutes. To release pressure, carefully turn pressure valve to the PRESSURE RELEASE setting. Take care to use a potholder, as pressure valve will be hot.
When pressure is released, the red pressure indicator will drop. Carefully open pressure cooker by pressing the OPEN button and lifting the lid away from you.
- Secure mixing bowl to stand mixer and connect flat beater attachment. Remove meat from pressure cooker, place in mixing bowl, and turn speed control dial to speed 1 or 2 to shred.
- Return pork to pressure cooker and add remaining spice mixture. Toss pork with 1-2 cups of BBQ sauce, set to medium heat (PL4 on induction burner), and cook about 10 minutes.
- Add pork to slider buns with desired toppings and serve.
You may also be interested in