Ingredients: FOR THE DOUGH
- 1 ½ cups bread flour
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. fast-acting instant yeast
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/8 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
FOR THE FILLING
- 8 tbsp. unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 1/2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
FOR THE ICING
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. whole milk
- Secure mixing bowl to stand mixer and connect dough hook attachment. Add bread flour, sugar, and yeast to mixing bowl, and turn speed control dial to speed 2 to combine.
- Add milk, egg, and butter, increase to speed 4, and mix 5 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract and salt and mix about 10 minutes until dough pulls away from sides of bowl. If necessary, stop stand mixer and scrape bowl with spatula to incorporate all ingredients.
- Spray inside of a large glass bowl with cooking spray. Remove dough from mixing bowl of stand mixer, forming it into a ball before placing in prepared bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and let dough rise for about 2 hours. When properly risen, the dough should be roughly double the size.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface and your hands with all-purpose flour. Remove dough from glass bowl, place on surface, and gently roll into a rectangle (about 9” x 13” in size) with a floured rolling pin.
- To make the filling, secure mixing bowl to stand mixer, connect flat beater attachment, add butter and brown sugar to mixing bowl, and turn speed control dial to speed 4 to cream together. Add cinnamon, vanilla extract, kosher salt, and continue mixing until well combined.
- Use spatula to spread filling on rolled out dough, leaving a ½” border around edges.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly over filling and starting with the long side, gently roll inward and tuck dough seam underneath roll.
- Using a baker’s blade or knife, cut dough into 9 equally sized rolls. Line heart baker with parchment paper, place rolls inside, cover with a kitchen towel, and let rise about 1 ½-2 hours. When properly risen, the rolls should be roughly double the size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake rolls about 15 minutes (or until tops and sides are golden brown). While the rolls bake, make the icing – add powdered sugar and milk to a small glass bowl and whisk together with a fork until combined.
- Remove, let cool 10 minutes, drizzle with glaze, let set another 10 minutes, and serve.
You may also be interested in