- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light or dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Sliced almonds, for topping the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, almond flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Add butter, sugar, and brown sugar to Mixing Bowl of Stand Mixer, connect Flat Beater attachment, and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg yolk and almond extract and mix to combine.
- Reduce to low speed and gradually add flour mixture, mixing just until combined.
- Drop tablespoonful’s of dough onto prepared pans, leaving about 3” between cookies. Flatten each cookie to about ½” thick and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
- Bake, one pan at a time, 12-14 minutes, or until edges of cookies are lightly browned and tops appear set.
- Remove from oven and let cool on pans 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
You may also be interested in