Classic Pizza Dough (for Margherita Pizza)
- 2 packets instant yeast
- 3 tsp. sugar
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 tsp. Princess House® Specialty Foods Onion, Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- 4 cups flour, divided with ¼ cup reserved (for a crispier crust, use bread flour and for a doughier crust, use all-purpose flour)
- 1 tbsp. corn meal, divided
- Add yeast, sugar, and water to Mixing Bowl of Stand Mixer and stir to combine. Let rest 1-2 minutes while yeast activates and bubbles form on surface.
- Add 2 tbsp. olive oil and Seasoning and stir to combine.
- Secure Mixing Bowl to Stand Mixer and connect Dough Hook attachment. Turn Speed Control Dial to speed 1 and begin adding flour 1/2 cup at a time, allowing mixture to fully combine before adding additional flour. If necessary, stop Stand Mixer and scrape bowl with Spatula to incorporate all ingredients.
- After 2 cups of flour have been incorporated, check consistency of dough. If enough flour has been added, it should be ball-shaped and pulling away from sides of bowl. If needed, add more flour 1 tbsp. at a time until this consistency is reached.
- Coat a large glass bowl with remaining olive oil, being sure to work the oil up the sides of bowl. Dust your hands with flour and remove dough from Mixing Bowl of Stand Mixer, forming it into a ball before placing in prepared glass bowl. Turn to coat all sides with oil, then cover and place in a warm location for 30 minutes to rise. When properly risen, the dough should be roughly double the size.
- Lightly flour a clean work surface and your hands. Remove dough from glass bowl, place on surface, and knead gently, 2 to 3 times, until smoothly deflated. Divide in half and work each half into preferred shape and thickness for crust. Scatter corn meal onto baking sheets or pizza pans. Poke holes in dough if you wish to prevent bubbles from forming in crust while baking.
- Brush lightly with olive oil and top with favorite toppings before baking in preheated oven at 425°F for 10-15 minutes.