Mint Chocolate Lava Cakes
Serves: 5 large cakes or 6 small cakes
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- 6 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- Raspberries and mint (optional for garnish)
- Preheat Air Fryer 3 minutes at 370°F.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter for 30 seconds and stir until smooth. Whisk in confectioners' sugar, eggs, egg yolks, and peppermint extract until combined and then fold in flour.
- Generously grease and flour Metal Cups, fill ¾ high with batter, and place in Fry Basket. Slide Pan with Fry Basket into Air Fryer and set temperature to 370°F and timer for 10-12 minutes (a thermometer should read 160°F and edges of cakes should be set). Do not overcook.
- When cooking cycle is complete, pull Pan with Fry Basket out of Air Fryer. Remove cakes from Metal Cups by inverting on a platter and repeat the process with remaining batter.
- Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar, garnish with raspberries and mint if desired, and serve immediately.