Grilled Chicken Poblano Soup
CALORIES: 400 | TOTAL FAT: 17g
TOTAL CARBS: 38g | PROTEIN: 37g
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 poblano peppers, cleaned with heads and stems removed
- ½ cup white onion, chopped
- ½ ear corn
- 3 oz. chicken breast, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1/8 tsp. cumin
- 1/8 tsp. oregano
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- ¼ jalapeno, diced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp. panela cheese
- Place garlic clove inside one of the peppers to prevent burning. Add to preheated grill pan with onions and corn. Cover with lid and cook at medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, cumin, and oregano.
- Remove lid, turn vegetables, and move aside. Add chicken and sear 5 minutes, then turn chicken and vegetables again. Cover with lid and cook 5 minutes more.
- Transfer the cooked peppers, onion, and garlic to Blender. Add chicken stock, cover with lid, and blend using pre-set SOUP function. Transfer to deep bowl.
- Remove corn from cob. In a bowl, mix chicken and corn with jalapeno, lemon
juice, and olive oil.
- Combine chicken and pepper/onion mixtures, stir, and serve. Sprinkle with cilantro and cheese.