Pressure Cooker Tamales
- 2 lbs. tamale dough, prepared
- 20 corn husks
- 3 qts. tamales filling of preference, prepared
- 4 cups water
- Divide the dough into 20 balls and spread one portion on one corn husk. Add 2 tablespoons tamal filling to center of dough. Fold right side of husk to center of tamal, then fold left side over center. Fold narrow end of husk over towards center and press top of husk to secure. Repeat this process to form all tamales.
- Add water to Pressure Cooker and place Steamer Basket inside.
- Place tamales evenly inside Pressure Cooker. Do not surpass the MAX line.
- Place lid on Pressure Cooker, secure by pressing CLOSE button, and turn Pressure Valve to HIGH setting.
- Place Pressure Cooker on stove on medium-high heat (PL7 on Induction Burner). Once a steady stream of steam comes out of Pressure Valve and Red Pressure Indicator rises, reduce heat to medium-low (PL4 on Induction Burner) and cook 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and carefully turn Pressure Valve to PRESSURE RELEASE setting to release pressure (use a potholder as Pressure Valve will be hot).
- When pressure is released, the Red Pressure Indicator will drop. Carefully open Pressure Cooker by pressing OPEN button and lifting lid away from you. Remove tamales and serve.
You may also be interested in