Zucchini Cannelloni Stuffed with Tuna
- 4 tomatoes
- ½ onion
- 4 garlic cloves (2 finely chopped, 2 to mash in mortar)
- 2 tsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 cans of tuna (in water)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 oz. roasted peppers (with juices)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1½ zucchini
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp. white cheese of choice
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Dice 2 tomatoes and onion into small cubes and finely chop garlic.
- Preheat a skillet at medium heat (PL4 on Induction Burner) for 3 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil, onion, and sauté 1 minute. Add tomatoes and garlic. Continue cooking 1 minute more.
- Open tuna cans, drain water, and add to skillet. Add salt and pepper to taste, stir, and cook at medium heat until liquids evaporate. Set aside.
- In a mortar, add a pinch of salt, garlic, and remaining oil. Crush garlic until it becomes a paste. Quarter remaining 2 tomatoes and add to mortar. Add roasted peppers with juices and thyme leaves. Mash until ingredients form a sauce. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer sauce to Baker. With the Mandoline, slice 16-18 sheets of zucchini using the first setting.
- Lay zucchini sheets on a cutting board. Add a portion of tuna to each sheet and gradually roll (lie on one side to keep it closed). If rolls don’t stay closed, secure with toothpicks. Repeat process until all sheets are filled.
- Transfer cannelloni rolls to Baker (standing or lying down). Sprinkle with salt and pepper, cheese, and half the parsley.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F and then broil 4 minutes at medium low.
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve.