Chipotle Black Beans
Serves: 4-6 | Time: 50 mins.
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 3 canned chipotle chiles, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ½ cup water
- 4 cups canned sodium free black beans, drained
- ½ tsp. cumin
- ½ tsp. oregano
- 2 tsp. celery or sea salt
Add the onion, tomato, cilantro, chipotle, garlic, and ½ cup of water to the Dutch Oven over medium-high heat. Cover with lid and valve in the Steam Whistle position. Once whistle has sound, turn valve to Steam-Seal™ position and turn off the heat. Keep covered for 5-7 minutes with heat off. Remove lid, add beans, cumin, oregano and salt; stir well. Cover with lid and valve in the Steam Whistle position and cook on medium heat. Once the whistle sounds, reduce heat to low, turn valve to Steam-Seal™ position and cook for 20 minutes.
You may also be interested in