Ancho Chile Salmon with Nopal Caprese Salad
Serves: 4 | Calories: 414
- 4 salmon filets
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tbsp. ancho chile powder
- ½ cup onion sliced
- 4 oz. Mozzarella cheese
- 4 nopales, thornless
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (1 for each serving of salad)
- 4 tbsp. balsamic glaze (1 for each serving of salad)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 lemons
- Preheat the Vida Sana™ 14” Skillet on medium heat.
- Once the Skillet has passed the water test, place the 4 nopales in the Skillet.
- Cover with the lid and turn the valve to the Steam-Seal™ position. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Take the lid off, turn the nopales over, cover and cook for 4 additional minutes.
- Turn off the heat and remove nopales from Skillet, set them aside.
- On each nopal, place ¼ of a sliced tomatos and top with 1 oz. of the sliced mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle each salad with olive oil, balsamic glaze, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a small bowl, mix honey, soy sauce and the ancho chile powder.
- Marinate the salmon and onion in the sauce for at least 15 minutes.
- Clean and preheat the Vida Sana™ 14” Skillet on medium heat.
- Once it has passed the water test, add the salmon and pour the lemon juice over the fish.
- Cover with the lid, turn the valve to the Steam-Seal™ position and lower the heat to medium-low. Cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve the filets with the Nopales, caprese salad and ½ lemon.