Cherry Salad with Thyme Pork Tenderoloin
Serves: 4 | Calories: 462
- 1 lb. pork loin
- 1 tbsp. apple cider
- 5 tbsp. fresh thyme
- ½ tsp. of salt
- ⅛ tsp. pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. garlic
- 1 cup red onion, julienned
- 1 ½ cups seedless fresh cherries
- 8 cups green salad mix (2 cups per portion)
- 4 tbsp. almonds, sliced (1 tbsp. per portion)
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil (½ tbsp. per portion)
- 2 tbsp. raw honey (½ tbsp. per portion)
- Juice from 2 lemons (½ lemon per portion)
- 4 tbsp. Goat cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice the pork loin into 1” slices, transfer into a large bowl and season with apple cider, thyme, salt, pepper and garlic. Let it marinate.
- Preheat the Vida Sana™ 14” Skillet on medium heat.
- Once the Skillet has passed the water test, add the sliced pork loin.
- Cover with lid and turn the valve to the Steam-Seal™ position. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Open the lid, make fine cuts to the pork with a knife.
- Turn the loins and make cuts on the other side.
- Pour the onion and cherries over the loin, cover again and cook another 10 minutes.
- Open the lid and turn the loins again while stirring the cherries with the onion. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve each portion with: 2 cups of green mix, 1 tbsp. almonds, ½ tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, ½ tbsp. raw honey, juice from ½ lemon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Finish by adding ¼ of the cooked onions and cherries. Stir well.
- Place ¼ of the loins over the salad. Add 1 tbsp. goat cheese (optional)