Quinoa Bowl with Shrimp in Garlic Sauce
Serves: 4 | Calories: 341
- 1 lb. raw shrimp
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 10 tsp. garlic, finely chopped
- ¼cup chicken consommé
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- ½ cup scallions, sliced
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- Juice of 1 yellow lemon
- 1 tsp. yellow lemon zest
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 8 slices of avocado diced in small squares
- Preheat the Vida Sana™ 14” Skillet on medium heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper and the garlic.
- Once the Skillet has passed the water test, add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes with the lid on and the valve in the Steam-Seal™ position.
- Open the lid and add the chicken consommé, zucchini, carrot and scallions. Stir well.
- Add the quinoa, lemon juice, lemon zest and parsley. Stir well and cover again, lowering the temperature to medium-low.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes and remove from heat.
- To serve, divide the quinoa into 4 equal portions and garnish with 2 slices of avocado each.