Nopal “Bread” Muffins
Serves: 4 | Calories: 405
- 4 nopales, with thorns removed
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup black beans
- 4 tbsp. green mango sauce
- 4 tbsp. cotija cheese
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Salt, pepper, oregano and cilantro to taste
Pico de gallo:
- 1 ½ tomato, chopped in squares
- 1 cup onion, chopped in squares
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Pepper to taste
- Juice from 1 large lemon
- Preheat the Vida Sana™ 14” Skillet on medium heat.
- Once it passes the water test, add the 4 nopales.
- Cover with the lid and turn the valve to the Steam-Seal™ position.
- Cook the nopales for 1 minute, carefully open the lid, turn the nopales over and cover again.
- Cook for another minute. Remove the nopales, place them on plates.
- Clean and preheat the Skillet on medium heat.
- Once it passes the water test, grease a napkin with a little olive oil and carefully smear the oil over the surface of Skillet.
- Crack four eggs, placing two of the eggs on each side of the Skillet, making sure the two rations don’t touch or they will stick.
- Season each set of eggs with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the lid on the Skillet and turn the valve to the Steam-Seal™ position.
- Cook on medium heat for 2 minutes and remove from Skillet.
- Repeat the process with the remaining eggs.
- While the eggs are cooking, shred the beans with a fork and season with salt, pepper and oregano and heat in a small skillet or microwave.
Pico de gallo:
- Add all Pico de Gallo ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- Keep the Pico de Gallo in the fridge until serving.
- On each nopal, place: ¼ cup of black beans, 2 eggs, ¼cup pico de gallo, 1 tbsp. green mango sauce, 1 tbsp. cotija cheese, 2 slices of avocado, cilantro to garnish.
You may also be interested in