Cilantro Chicken Stew
Serves: 4 | Calories: 321
- 1 lb. chicken, diced
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 cups Chicken Consommé
- 1 cup green peppers, chopped
- 1 cup of carrots, diced
- 1 cup chayotes, diced
- 1 ½ cups cilantro
- Salt, pepper and cumin to taste
- ½ cup raw quinoa
- ½ cup green peas
- 1 bay leaf
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Preheat the Vida Sana™ 14” Skillet on medium heat.
- Once it passes the water test, add the chicken and sear on both sides.
- Transfer the chicken to a dish and cover to keep warm.
- Add the onion, garlic and ½ cup of the chicken consommé, keeping heat on medium.
- Saute for 3 minutes. Add the peppers, carrots, chayote, cilantro, quinoa, and the rest of the chicken consommé and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover with the lid, turn the valve to the Steam-Seal™ position and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Uncover, add the chicken and the peas, stir well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Divide into four equal portions.
You may also be interested in