Filling for Pork in Red Chili Tamales
- 4 ancho chilies, deveined and toasted
- 6 guajillo chilies, deveined and toasted
- 6 pulla chilies, deveined and toasted
- 2 tbsp. chicken broth
- 5 lbs. pork
- 3 cups cold water (put chilies with chicken broth in the Personal Blender until pureed. Set aside)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ⅛ cup Princess House® Pure Grapeseed Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast the chiles over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove, add to Blender with 1 cup water and blend, add chicken broth and puree to make the chili sauce, set aside.
- Boil the pork. When cooled, transfer to Mixing Bowl of Stand Mixer. Connect Flat Beater attachment, shred pork, and set aside.
- Preheat Dutch Oven at medium heat adding Grapeseed Oil. Add garlic and shredded pork, sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Add chili sauce and remaining water, and cook at medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes. Let the filling cool before making tamales.