Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ medium white onion, diced
- 2 tsp. Princess House® Specialty Foods Pizza Seasoning
- ½ tsp. red pepper flake
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans whole tomatoes
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. sugar
- Add olive oil, onions, pizza seasoning, and red pepper flakes to saucepan and cook 2-3 minutes at medium heat (PL5 on induction burner) until onions begin to soften.
- Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes more, stirring regularly. Remove from heat and add tomatoes, salt, and sugar.
- Connect blender attachment directly to immersion blender motor and turn clockwise until it locks into position, using locked and unlocked icons as a guide, and plug into outlet. Place blender attachment into saucepan and turn appliance on by pressing and holding speed I button, and adjust as necessary with speed control dial.
- Blend ingredients to achieve desired thickness (pulse more for a smoother texture or less for a chunkier texture).
- Heat on medium low (PL3 on induction burner) and simmer 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Use immediately, store in refrigerator for up to one week, or freeze for up to three months.
You may also be interested in